Thomson Marital Assets Division Attorney
In many cases, one of the most challenging aspects of divorce is the division of assets and debts. This property division often means lifestyle adjustments, changes in living situations and compromises on various issues.
Some assets clearly belong to both parties, who may have purchased, for example, a house together and put both of their names on the title and the mortgage. Other assets may seem to belong to only one spouse, such as a piece of jewelry that was inherited from a relative years before the marriage, while still others may fall into a disputed gray area. We can help you make sense of these matters.
Serious Legal Representation for Property Division
The division of marital property can cause conflicts and call for serious legal representation in the negotiation of arrangements that both parties can agree to. At Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, our lawyers are highly experienced with property division in divorce. We can help you protect your assets and reach the best possible outcomes regarding:
- Personal property, including vehicles and furniture
- Bank accounts and investments such as stocks and bonds
- Real estate, including your primary residence, vacation home or rental properties
- Professional practices, small businesses and family businesses: Our firm can help you navigate the challenges of business valuation and the division of complex business assets.
- Retirement accounts and pensions, including military pensions and benefits and 401(k) assets. When 401(k)s or other retirement accounts are subject to a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) by a court, we can help facilitate proper establishment of the QDRO.
Contact an Augusta Property Division Attorney
Contact Shawn P. Hammond and Associates for assistance with property division and other divorce matters. We have excellent knowledge of Georgia family law, and we are strong advocates for our clients' rights.