We Handle All Your Adoption Needs
There are all sorts of adoptions available for almost any situation you might find yourself in. The one thing that they all have in common, however, is that they can get legally complicated and challenging. Although adoption is usually an exciting and joyful time for a family, there are numerous challenges that will stand in your way. It is critical to work with an experienced lawyer you can trust – one who understands adoption law and who will provide legal service with dedication, compassion and professionalism
At Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, Attorney Shawn Hammond has more than 25 years of legal experience handling complex adoption matters for clients in Augusta and throughout Georgia. A decorated armed forces veteran for 25 years, including service in Iraq and Afghanistan, he is not afraid to push through difficulties to help you with your adoption needs.
Representing Clients In All Types Of Adoptions
Shawn represents clients in adoption matters that include:
- Agency adoptions: The majority of adoptions are agency adoptions. This just means that the child is adopted through an adoption agency. Shawn can help you with everything from choosing a trustworthy agency to handling all the paperwork and legal requirements.
- Interstate adoptions: When you adopt a child from another state, there are additional steps and multiple sets of laws to deal with, including Georgia laws, the laws from the state the child is from and federal laws.
- International adoptions: For an international adoption, there is increased scrutiny from our federal system, most importantly the U.S. immigration office. In addition, Shawn will need to deal with the laws and procures of whatever country you are adopting from. He has a wealth of experience helping clients adopt children from other countries.
- Relative adoptions: If you are related to the child by blood or marriage as a grandparent, great-grandparent, aunt or uncle, great-aunt or great-uncle or sibling, you could qualify to adopt a relative child.
- Stepparent adoptions: If you are the stepparent of a child and want to adopt, Shawn can help you. Adopting a stepchild is a common practice, and although the process can present some challenges, he is here to help you through the process.
Any adoption can present various challenges. Shawn Hammond can help you through all the various issues that arise in the adoption process to give you the best chance of success.