Losing Your Driver’s License Is A Big Problem
One of the most serious potential consequences of a driving under the influence (DUI) conviction is the loss of your driver’s license. Life can be considerably more difficult without the ability to drive to work, transport your family and run errands. If you are facing the loss of your driver’s license because of a DUI, a skilled lawyer can help you protect your driver’s license and minimize the other effects of the charge.
Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, understands exactly how Georgia DUI laws work. Attorney Shawn Hammond can help you keep your driving privileges through appropriate legal intervention.
Proactive Help With ALS Hearings
With extensive courtroom experience in traffic and criminal defense matters, attorney Shawn Hammond will fight strategically and aggressively on your behalf if:
- You have been charged with a first DUI based on a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08% or above.
- You are dealing with a second, third or subsequent offense.
- You were driving with a license that was already suspended.
- Your offense involves your commercial driver’s license (CDL) or a commercial vehicle.
- Underage drivers or passengers were involved in the incident.
- You refused a breath test.
- A DUI or DWI poses a threat to your military career.
When you are arrested in Georgia for DUI or breath test refusal, you face an automatic loss of your driver’s license after 30 days, but you can protect your driver’s license by appealing through an administrative license suspension (ALS) hearing. After an arrest, you have 10 days to request an ALS hearing, in which you can contest the license suspension. Lawyer Hammond can represent you in an ALS hearing to dismiss a license suspension for numerous reasons, but time is of the essence if you have been charged.
Contact An Experienced DUI Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with drunk driving in Georgia, contact Shawn P. Hammond and Associates by calling 706-993-2785. Shawn can help you keep your driver’s license or get it back as soon as possible.