Strategic Service For Property Division
In many cases, one of the most challenging aspects of divorce is the division of assets and debts. This property division often means lifestyle adjustments, changes in living situations and compromises on various issues.
The division of marital property can cause conflicts and call for serious legal representation in the negotiation of arrangements that both parties can agree to. Shawn Hammond, is a lawyer highly experienced with property division in divorce.
Protecting Your Assets Is Important
Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, can help you protect your assets and reach the best possible outcomes regarding:
- Personal property: Including vehicles and furniture
- Bank accounts and investments: Stocks, bonds and more
- Real estate: Including your primary residence, vacation home or rental properties
- Professional practices, small businesses and family businesses: Assistance in navigating the challenges of business valuation and the division of complex business assets
- Retirement accounts and pensions: Including military pensions and benefits and 401(k) assets; when 401(k)s or other retirement accounts are subject to a qualified domestic relations order (QDRO) by a court, the firm can help facilitate proper establishment of the QDRO as well
Some assets clearly belong to both parties. For example, they might have purchased a house together and put both of their names on the title and mortgage. Other assets may seem to belong to only one spouse, such as a piece of jewelry that was inherited from a relative years before the marriage, while still others may fall into a disputed gray area. Shawn can help you make sense of these matters.
Reach Out To The Firm
Contact the firm by phone at 706-993-2785 for assistance with property division and other divorce matters. Attorney Hammond has excellent knowledge of Georgia family law, and he is a strong advocate for clients’ rights.