Augusta DUI License Protection Lawyer
Thomson Suspended Driver’s License Attorney
One of the most serious potential consequences of a DUI is the loss of your driver’s license. Life can be considerably more difficult without the ability to drive to work, transport your family and run errands. If you are facing the loss of your driver’s license because of a DUI, a skilled lawyer can help you protect your driver’s license and minimize the other effects of the charge.
At the law office of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, we understand exactly how Georgia DUI laws work, and in many cases we can help you keep your driving privileges through appropriate legal intervention. With extensive courtroom experience in traffic and criminal defense matters, our attorneys will fight strategically and aggressively on your behalf if:
- You have been charged with a first DUI based on a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or above
- You are dealing with a second, third or subsequent offense
- You were driving with a license that was already suspended
- Your offense involves your commercial driver’s license (CDL) or a commercial vehicle
- Underage drivers or passengers were involved in the incident
- You refused a Breathalyzer test
- A DUI or DWI poses a threat to your military career
Proactive Help With ALS Hearings
When you are arrested in Georgia for DUI or Breathalyzer refusal, you face automatic loss of your driver’s license after 30 days, but you can protect your driver’s license by appealing through an administrative license suspension (ALS) hearing. After an arrest, you have 10 days to request an ALS hearing in which you can contest the license suspension. Our attorneys can represent you in ALS hearings to dismiss the license suspension for numerous reasons, but time is of the essence if you have been charged.
Contact an Experienced DUI Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with drunk driving in Georgia, contact the Augusta DUI license protection attorneys of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates. We can help you keep your driver’s license or get it back as soon as possible.