Mr. Hammond served
in Afghanistan and Iraq,
where he received 9 medals including a Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman’s Badge. He has been practicing law since 1996 with an exclusive focus on military law, criminal law, and family law.

Augusta, Georgia, Lawyer Who Knows Juvenile Court

In Georgia, juvenile courts handle a wide variety of matters that affect children, teens and their families. At the Law Offices of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates we can help with them all. We know the juvenile court system and can walk you through it so that you get the best results possible.

  • Defense of deprivation or delinquency petitions: With so much pressure on families today, sometimes things are not picture perfect. Allegations are made that families are not providing enough for their children or parenting their children properly. We know how damaging this can be to families, so we prepare a strong defense. Our law firm can also help families get access to the support they may need to make things right.
  • Legitimation actions: Often, the way to prove a child born outside of marriage is yours is by getting a paternity test. We can answer your questions about paternity, helping you take action. In Georgia, legitimation actions can only be brought by a father in juvenile court. Our law firm is familiar with juvenile court in Georgia and can guide you through the process.
  • Termination of parental rights: Often, before a step-parent adoption or award of grandparent custody, parental rights must be terminated in juvenile court.
  • Juvenile traffic offenses: New drivers sometimes make mistakes. They sometimes get falsely accused. When they do, we represent them in juvenile court.
  • Juvenile criminal matters: The Law Offices of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates also handles criminal charges against minors. We fight hard to defend children and teens so that they can put past mistakes behind them and put their best foot forward in the future.

When a Child or Teen Gets in Trouble at School

When minors get in trouble at school, it can mean criminal charges and a required appearance before a school tribunal. Our law office can represent your child both at school disciplinary hearings and in juvenile court. We know that mistakes happen, but they shouldn’t affect your child’s education or future. Contact us to find out more about school law from an experienced attorney by calling 706-993-2785.