Mr. Hammond served
in Afghanistan and Iraq,
where he received 9 medals including a Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman’s Badge. He has been practicing law since 1996 with an exclusive focus on military law, criminal law, and family law.

Augusta Lawyer Who Knows Georgia Military Law

When civilian law relates to service personnel, military law often places on them special requirements or rules. It is critical that service personnel hire an attorney who knows both civilian law and military law. At the Law Offices of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, we have experience with both. Augusta, Georgia, lawyer Shawn Hammond has been practicing law since 1996 except for the two years he spent in active duty in Afghanistan and Iraq. He knows military law, and he understands how it applies to service members.

When our law firm takes military cases, we make sure that our clients make decisions that are best for their civilian goals and their military careers. Talk to us about a broad range of your concerns including military legitimation, deployment orders and personal injury cases for military members. We handle other legal matters as well:

Military Divorce — When one or both spouses are in the military, a fair divorce requires special knowledge of military law, including the Uniformed Services Former Spouses’ Protection Act (USFSPA). Do not just hire any divorce lawyer — hire an attorney who knows military law.

Military DUI and Criminal Defense — Soldiers can experience career-ending consequences to a DUI or a criminal conviction. A first conviction can mean a letter of reprimand. A second conviction can lead to your getting chaptered out. If you have been arrested for drunk driving or another crime, act quickly to fight back. Call the Law Office of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates to talk about your options.

Military Custody — Enlisting in the military can be a great step towards making a better life for you and your children, but someone else may need to take temporary custody while you are away. At the Law Offices of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, we can help you transfer temporary child custody to someone else — a parent, a sibling or another relative — while you begin your military career.

Contact Us

We know that when you are in the military, your experience is one of a kind. No civilian could ever completely understand what you have been through. At the Law Offices of Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, we know the military. Talk to us about your legal problems, and we will create solutions together. Call 706-993-2785 for a free phone consultation.