Trusted Guidance For LGBT+ Family Law Matters
LGBT+ families face the same challenges as other couples, from determining living arrangements to asset division to the support of children. However, same-sex partners can face unique challenges, and the law concerning LGBT family law is constantly evolving. For this reason, it is essential to hire a lawyer who understands Georgia family law and civil law – and will fight to protect your legal rights.
At Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, attorney Shawn Hammond, is a confident, effective advocate for all couples and families. He will work hard to make sure that your rights are defended and focus on your best interests throughout your family law case.
Protect Your Legal Rights
At Shawn P. Hammond and Associates, has helped many clients work out legal solutions to all the important issues related to LGBT family law, including:
- Property division: Shawn can help you protect your assets and facilitate the fair division of property, such as vehicles, bank accounts and investments, real estate, small businesses, and retirement accounts and pensions, including military pensions and benefits.
- Child custody: The firm helps ensure that you have the best possible living and visitation arrangements for your children.
- Child support: The firm can help you establish appropriate child support arrangements, whether you expect to receive or pay child support.
- Domestic violence and restraining orders: The firm can represent you if domestic violence has been present in your situation, whether you have been a victim or have been accused of an offense.
- Adoption: The firm’s inclusive adoption practice helps all families navigate the often challenging legal process. Attorney Shawn Hammond will efficiently guide you through all steps of the process.
Reach Out For A Consultation
Contact Shawn P. Hammond and Associates at 706-993-2785 for help in addressing the challenges of divorce, asset division and issues regarding your children. Attorney Hammond can answer your questions about LGBT+ divorce and advise you regarding every legal aspect of dissolution.